General contractors must post worker safety information signs at construction sites where site safety training is required.
The signs must:
- contain specific information about required worker safety training, including all site
safety training deadlines and the number of required training hours
- must be in all the languages used by workers to communicate at the construction site
- be clearly visible to workers and must be posted at the construction site as follows:
- Sites with construction fencing must post a sign at each egress point on the
inside of the construction fencing, including vehicle delivery fence gates and
existing loading docks.
- Sites without construction fencing must post a sign at each egress point within
the controlled access zone where construction is taking place and at each existing
loading dock or location being used for construction delivery or access.
To comply with the new requirements, the posted sign must:
- be 44 inches wide and 30 inches high;
- have letters at least 1 inch (25 mm) high;
- have white letters on a blue background; and
- be made of a durable and weatherproof material such as vinyl, plastic, or aluminum
that is flame retardant.
The Department has created a template of the worker safety information sign that complies with this new requirement.
The template is available for download in multiple languages on the Department’s website.
(Click here to view templates)